Hiring professional wedding vendors is one of the most important parts of planning a smooth, stress-free wedding day. Six months prior to your wedding day, it's important to lock your Dream Team: caterer, florist, entertainment (DJ or band), officiant, photographer and videographer (if desired) and transportation. Here are five tips on how to work with vendors:
- Book initial appointments at off-hours for pressure-free meetings.
- Don't skimp on staff- take the advise of your vendors and hire enough staffing to ensure a smooth event.
- Get it in writing: be specific about service, dates, deliveries and payments. Don't assume that a vendor will help out or "throw you a bone" for something outside of the written services contract.
- Provide all vendors with clear directions and contact numbers for the site and your wedding coordinator (especially important if your vendor has not worked at the site before or if your venue is remote).
- Finally, be courteous: you're hiring help, not slaves. Acknowledge superior service.